The Heritage Club was initiated in the year 2010 for the students of Middle Department with the purpose of creating awareness, preserving and promoting our varied and rich ancient culture and traditions, among the young learners. It conducts various activities and educational excursions for students that enable them to appreciate the traditions, culture and religious diversity of our country.
- The members of the Heritage Club of Middle Department were engaged in a Sanskrit Shloka Competition on 26 August 2015. Each participant chose a Shloka from Ishawasyoupanishad and transcribed the same in an attractive manner along with its meaning. The activity helped to familiarize students with the ancient Indian text.
- The Heritage Club members of Middle Department participated in competition 'Built Heritage of India and Me' organised by ITIHAAS on the occasion of World Heritage Day on 18 April 2015 at Red Fort. Students participated in two events: Tile Painting for classes IV – V and Scrap Art – a 3D visual of a monument using a carton for classes VI – VIII. Besides this, the students of classes VI – VIII also acted as ambassadors to spread awareness about Indian Heritage to the visitors at the Red Fort.
The members of Heritage Club of the Middle Department participated in 'Tool Making Competition' on 9 February 2015. The students prepared miniatures of tools and weapons used by early man during Stone age using materials like Clay, etc. The event was judged by Ms Shashi Sahni (TGT, SSt) Middle Department and Ms Shilpi (Art Teacher) Primary Department. The Prize winners were:
First Prize Anushka Katyal (VIII B) & Mahima Garg (VII B)
Second Prize Chetna Vohra (VIII B) & Arnav Gupta (VII C)
Third Prize Rohit Jain (VI E) & Sarthak Gupta (VI E)
- Students of classes VI to VIII prepared a graffiti showcasing the Monuments of Asia. These monuments were beautifully drawn and painted using poster colors on cloth. Each Graffiti also carried valuable information like the year of their construction and the personality/dynasty that initiated their construction. The children also learnt the 'Do's' and 'Don'ts' to be conscious of, while visiting a monument.
- Heritage club of Middle Dept. organised a Card Making Competition on the topic 'Unity in Diversity' on 27 August 2014. Students showcased different religions, costumes and festivals through cards highlighting unity in diversity.
- Students participated 'In Verse - Anveshan 2014', a heritage program sponsored by ITIHAAS. They participated in category 'Jumbish' in which they presented a self composed song with music on 'Natural Resources'. The school was shortlisted for the finals held at FICCI auditorium, Mandi house on 28 August 2014.
- A 'Shloka' writing competition was organized under the Heritage Club on 21 April 2014 for the classes VI-VIII. The students wrote shloka from Bhagwat Gita with their meaning on the chart paper.
- 60 students of the club escorted by Ms Ruchi Sethi (TGT Computer Science) and Ms Kalpana Pande (TGT P.Ed) visited 'Ghalib ki Haveli' at Ballimaran on Chandni Chowk on 3 May 2014 under the aegis of SPIC MACAY. They took a guided tour of the haveli which has been turned into 'Ghalib Memorial' house wherein Ghalib's hukkah, his clothes, his kalam and handwritten scripts are still preserved. The visit provided an insight into the life of the great poet.
- Mask Making was the activity undertaken by members of Heritage club in the months of January and February 2014. Different moods of Lord Shiva and Goddess Durga were captured through masks on which embellishments like ear rings and nose rings added to the beauty of the final work. Art teachers, Ms Soma Ganguly and Ms Shilpi Poddar adjudged the creative efforts of the students.
- Poster Making activity depicting a festival was held in the month of December 2013. A large variety of colourful posters depicting different festivals were prepared. Club members gave 3-D effects to the posters to make them more attractive. Ms Soma Ganguly, TGT Art judged the posters.
- Students of class VI prepared cards based on the theme "Our Heritage" and wrote inspiring messages on the cards. Their efforts were adjudged by Ms Anita Garg, the Headmistress. The activity was monitored by Ms Soma Ganguly.
- On 10 February 2012 Poster Making competition was organised for Heritage club members on the festival of Mahashivaratri and Basant Panchami.
- On 23 January 2012 students of classes VI- VIII composed slogans, created charts, posters and cut outs on festivals of Lohri, Makar Sankranti and Republic Day. Their efforts were adjudged and appreciated by the Art teacher Ms Soma Ganguly and Headmistress Ms Anita Garg.
- Heritage club celebrated International World Heritage Day on 21 November 2011. The students of class VI-VIII wrote articles and gave one minute presentation on this topic. Their creative work was adjuded and appreciated by Ms Meera Bhatnagar, Sr. English Teacher.